Here is good news for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 users as XDA-Developers have recently developed MIUI custom ROM which enables faster mobile experience .This MIUI ROM is a really cool and one can have many features enabled than the stock ROM.The unique interface and customizable home screen makes it more cool. This will also bring ICS update on your galaxy S3.
Disclaimer: This is to make aware to all readers that neither we, nor the developer would be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following the instructions that we would be sharing. Although it’s very rare to have any damage to your device while following the instructions mentioned in this article, but still if any issues take place, we would try to find out the possible solution to the soonest.
This hack and the guide below are compatible only and only with Galaxy S3, model number i9300. It’s not compatible with the US variants or other devices. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone.
Please have a look at the prerequisite while installing MIUI ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Pre-requisites to install MIUI ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
- Make sure that the device on which you are applying this update is Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 and not any other device by Samsung or any other company.
- We recommend you to backup all your contacts, back, logs, etc. with Backup apps.
- You can import your data to your phone’s SD card and later on you can export it back.
- Make sure that your phone has sufficient battery, at least 70% before you apply the update because if your phone will get switched off between of the time you are applying the update and you won’t be able to update your device and even you could face several issues like your phone gets DEAD and we won’t be responsible for that.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and USB debugging would be enabled on your mobile device.
- Also uninstall your antivirus suites in your computer as well as on your mobile phone so that update process may not get interrupted meanwhile.
- Make sure to follow all the instructions mentioned below properly.
Steps to install MIUI ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc.
Important! Don’t forget to at least make a backup of your APN settings, which you can restore later if your data connection does not work after installing the ROM.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery on your phone.
- Download the latest version of MIUI ROM from the official development page.
- Copy the downloaded zip file from step 3 to the internal SD card on the phone.
- Now, boot into ClockworkMod recovery. To do that, turn off your phone. Then, hold down Volume Up, Home and then the Power buttons together until the screen turns on, then let them go. The phone will boot into ClockworkMod recovery in a few seconds.
In recovery, use the volume buttons to scroll up/down and the home button to select an option.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select install zip from SD card, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the SD card and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the ROM finishes installing, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into MIUI ROM.
- Important! NOTE: In case you do not like MIUI, you can flash the stock XXBLFB firmware.
Hope you are done with it. If you are facing some issues while updating please let us know through the comment section. And do not be shy to share this page with your Facebook friends and like our facebook page
Incoming search terms:
- miui rom samsung s3
- customize galaxy s3 home screen
- miui v5 samsung s3
- miui samsung galaxi s3
- miui s3
- miui rom wont install s3 i9300
- miui rom for samsung galaxy s3
- MIUI for galaxy s3 i9300
- install rom on s3 steps
- i9300 roms