You got your Samsung galaxy s3 and playing with this phone. Want to customize your phone as your dream home. And A developer Community working hard to give your Samsung Galaxy S3 all possible support. Here we come with new version of Software XXALF2 for your Lovely Samsung Galaxy S iii.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 has been very popular since the day it was released. With thousands of raves and positive reviews from previewers and early adopters, the Galaxy S3 has became the talk of the town with features like high external and internal memory, long battery life, and a stunning display and design. It certainly deserves to be talked about! Is Samsung Galaxy S3 is really GOOD?
Modifying your phone may result in your phone’s not functioning at all , or at least not functioning properly, after flashing a custom ROM, kernel, or any modification. In such cases, your first possible remedy is to restore stock firmware on your phone. With software version XXALF2 for the Galaxy S3, that’s not a hard thing to accomplish.
Check out this guide to help you flash build XXALF2 of Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich on your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
This guide is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT i9300— one with Exynos quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. It is NOT for Galaxy S3 at Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, US Cellular and any other Canadian Galaxy S3. Check your phone’s version in Settings – About Phone. It has to be “i9300” for this XXALF2 Android 4.0.4 to be compatible with your phone.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- A Windows PC
- WinRAR, 7-Zip or any archive extraction software installed on your computer.
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset by going to Settings > Developer’s option > USB debugging.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Maintain a battery charge of 70% or more to make sure that you have sufficient power for the entire procedure.
- Download Odin3 v3.04 here (Odin3_v3.04.zip, 456.59 kB)
- Download the stock XXALF2 firmware from the following links (I9300XXALF2_I9300ODDALF1_INU.zip, 749.5MB):
- Download the firmware from the link above.
- Extract the I9300XXALF2_I9300ODDALF1_INU.zip file. You will get one*.tar.md5file after you extract the ZIP file:
- Extract the Odin3_v3.04.zip file into a folder on your computer. You will see the fileOdin3 v3.04.exe after you extract the ZIP file.
- Double-click Odin3 v3.04.exe to launch Odin on your computer.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Put your Galaxy S3 into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down, Power, and Home buttons. A warning screen will appear. Press the Volume Up key to enter Download Mode
- In Odin, click the PDA button. Select theI9300XXALF2_I9300ODDALF1_I9300DDLEA_HOME.tar.md5 file that you extracted from the firmware ZIP package.
- Don’t make any other changes in Odin’s options, except those mentioned in the steps above.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to your computer. You will see an “Added” message in Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers on the computer.
- Click the Start button in Odin to flash the XXALF2 firmware. Your Samsung Galaxy S3 will automatically reboot when the flashing is done. You will see a Samsung logo and a “Pass” message will appear on Odin when the flashing is successfully done.
- Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S3 from your PC after the flashing
Congratulations! The Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware build XXALF2 has been successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. You have succeeded in restoring stock firmware to your phone. Hope this guide is working well for your Samsung GalalxyS3 phone. If you have any problem fell free to share with us.